Brett Taylor Aitken Was Arrested After Giving Grandson Fatal Does Of Methadone
A grandmother was arrested Thursday, months after her 15-month-old grandson received a fatal dosage of methadone. According to reports police were called to a home to investigate the death of a child.
An autopsy performed by the medical examiner’s office determined that the death was caused by methadone toxicity.
The woman, Brett Taylor Aitken, had apparently stolen the pills after the death of a patient that she was caring for. She had stored the pills in an allergy medication bottle for safe keeping.
Aitken had custody of her grandson, who frequently had allergies. He was prescribed the medication in case of an allergic reaction. The woman claimed that she had forgotten that she put had hidden the methadone in the boy’s pill bottle.
She’s currently facing a charge of aggravated manslaughter.